Archive for Community - page 51

Coffee Break: Design, Art, &c.

Woo Doggie! Another Coffee Break, another missed deadline! Somebody said something about Spring Break so I’ll just go ahead and use that as my excuse right now as Miss From the Heart(land) and I were busy exploring Death Valley all week. See? Sagebrush ‘n stuff…

Continue reading →

The Rainshadow Community Charter High School Blog Week #8 Spring Break ’07!!!!

The Rainshadow Community Charter High School Blog Week #8 Spring Break ’07!!!!

YESSSSSS!!! Spring Break 2007! We’re outta here!!! Check back next week for another exciting post by the Rainshadow CCHS team!

Continue reading →

New Friend Friday #19

New Friend Friday #19

Picture if you will, a place that is frothing with hopes, dreams, and a whole lot of barbed wire. Welcome to Pristina, Kosovo, the NATO supervised entry point to this weeks New Friend Friday.The dust coated bus engine is churning and the driver is closing…

Continue reading →

Brown Paper Packages, vol 19

Brown Paper Packages, vol 19

Two words: Daylight Savings. I know I’m not alone on this one, only trolls and other terrible creatures don’t like longer, ligher days. Next to the longest day of the year, Daylight Savings is my favorite day of all the 365 options we get. Interesting…

Continue reading →

Media Drive this Saturday!

Media Drive this Saturday!

Continue reading →

Opportunity for Writers!

Opportunity for Writers!

Hey young writers, check this out: The Reno News and Review’s “Teen Issue” is coming up on April 5, and they are looking for “any aspiring, opinionated young writers (ages 13-18) who would want to contribute an editorial.” They tell us that you can write…

Continue reading →

The Rainshadow Community Charter High School Blaug Week #7 A Poetic Challenge – The Pantoum!

The Rainshadow Community Charter High School Blaug Week #7 A Poetic Challenge – The Pantoum!

This week, Sammy’s Interdisciplinary Hip Hop and Literature course showed us a bunch of stuff that they have been learing about – the history of hip pop culture in America, censorship, different hip hop sub-genres (its not all gangsta rap apparently), and some students even…

Continue reading →

NFF #18, Sarajevo w. 4 Germans

NFF #18, Sarajevo w. 4 Germans

I’m very sorry for the slow post on this weeks New Friend Friday. I hope to make up for it by posting a shorter read (phew!) and present you with not one, but four new friends.I stepped off the midnight train from Budapest to Sarajevo…

Continue reading →

Brown Paper Packages, vol 18

Brown Paper Packages, vol 18

There’s this new magazine I’m digging right now, and you’ll soon see why, it’s totally up my alley. It’s called GOOD magazine and here’s what the founder has to say about why they exist: “We see a growing number of people tied together not by…

Continue reading →

This round is dedicated to illustrators/drawers/doodlers and may be viewed as a “wish list” of sorts for my upcoming birthday! That’s right… shop smart, shop S-Mart. GLEN BAXTER: Imagine Gary Larson, minus the science background, plus the arts and the absurd. So funny it hurts…

Continue reading →

Page 51 of 53 ← First ... 49 50 51 52 53