Archive for Community - page 52

The Rainshadow Community Charter High School Blaug Week #7 A Poetic Challenge – The Pantoum!

The Rainshadow Community Charter High School Blaug Week #7 A Poetic Challenge – The Pantoum!

This week, Sammy’s Interdisciplinary Hip Hop and Literature course showed us a bunch of stuff that they have been learing about – the history of hip pop culture in America, censorship, different hip hop sub-genres (its not all gangsta rap apparently), and some students even…

Continue reading →

NFF #18, Sarajevo w. 4 Germans

NFF #18, Sarajevo w. 4 Germans

I’m very sorry for the slow post on this weeks New Friend Friday. I hope to make up for it by posting a shorter read (phew!) and present you with not one, but four new friends.I stepped off the midnight train from Budapest to Sarajevo…

Continue reading →

Brown Paper Packages, vol 18

Brown Paper Packages, vol 18

There’s this new magazine I’m digging right now, and you’ll soon see why, it’s totally up my alley. It’s called GOOD magazine and here’s what the founder has to say about why they exist: “We see a growing number of people tied together not by…

Continue reading →

Coffee Break: Design, Art, &c.

This round is dedicated to illustrators/drawers/doodlers and may be viewed as a “wish list” of sorts for my upcoming birthday! That’s right… shop smart, shop S-Mart. GLEN BAXTER: Imagine Gary Larson, minus the science background, plus the arts and the absurd. So funny it hurts…

Continue reading →

The Rainshadow Community Charter High School Blaug Week #6 The Silkscreening Workshop!

The Rainshadow Community Charter High School Blaug Week #6 The Silkscreening Workshop!

This past Saturday, Holland Reno volunteers along with Rainshadow students and other interested parties convened at Rainshadow CCHS to teach and learn the fine art of silkscreening! Kyle and Chase led the crew through the steps and we came away with some really awesome Holland…

Continue reading →

new Friend Friday #17

new Friend Friday #17

I’m here, mummified in wool and cotton in the orderly and honest land of Copenhagen, Denmark. I’m also here to bring you this week’s NFF. And of course, it wouldn’t be a proper NFF without a little history, so I’ve tucked it in on the…

Continue reading →

The Rainshadow Community Charter High School Blawg Week #5 Street Art Viability and Them HP Free Wall(s)!

The Rainshadow Community Charter High School Blawg Week #5 Street Art Viability and Them HP Free Wall(s)!

This week was short in the way of learning since Tuesday and Wednesdays’ Project Holland classes were filled with sophomores taking some ridiculous standardized tests. While I was “proctoring” the exams I felt like shooting myself in the head I was so bored out of…

Continue reading →

Brown Paper Packages, vol 16

Brown Paper Packages, vol 16

I’ve been mildly obsessed with this week’s favorite thing for over a year now–it’s ton of fun, really entertaining and fully educational to boot. And because I spent a good (insert inappropriate number here) hours diverted by this thing, I thought it would be an…

Continue reading →

New Friend Friday #16

New Friend Friday #16

I got to tell you something. I mean really lay it out for you. And that is, these Fridays are killing me. I say this because I’ve been having the hardest time deciding who will be your New Friend Friday. Not because I’m making so…

Continue reading →

Unfortunately I’m pressed for time this week as I’ve got a flight to catch in a little while, but this one link that I’m sharing is more than enough to keep y’all busy until I get back from the Arctic Midwest. STRANGE MAPS: A journal…

Continue reading →

Page 52 of 53 ← First ... 49 50 51 52 53