Archive for Community - page 48

The Territory

The Territory

This is so much fun. I was thinking about what next book should be thrown into The Territory and I saw all of these amazing books that I haven’t touched in years. I am a voracious re-reader and There are things that I take from…

Continue reading →

The Rainshadow Community Charter High Skool Blawg Week #19 Chalk Creek Canyon!

The Rainshadow Community Charter High Skool Blawg Week #19 Chalk Creek Canyon!

Last week on Wednesday we took a field trip up to Chalk Creek near McQueen High School to help the City of Reno and Jana from Pinyon Designs with some plant restoration and soil sampling work. The nice folks at Pinyon Designs have been working…

Continue reading →

The Rainshadow Community Charter High Skool Blawg Week #18  Hip Hop Holland!

The Rainshadow Community Charter High Skool Blawg Week #18 Hip Hop Holland!

Hip Hop Holland this past Saturday was amazing to say the least. I was blown away at how many positive, talented, young hip hop artists there are in this town! The Holland Project wants to start having a series of monthly all ages Hip Hop…

Continue reading →

New Friend Friday #28

New Friend Friday #28

I write this New Friend Friday with a limp in my step and a gash in my side. Frankly, I’m beat up. Pummeled. The last few days festivities surrounding graduation have lifted my spirits and lacerated my liver. So when I saw Butch standing shirtless…

Continue reading →

The Reno Bike Project Presents: Reno’s 1st Annual Bike to Work and School Day Pancake Feed!

The Reno Bike Project Presents: Reno’s 1st Annual Bike to Work and School Day Pancake Feed!

Come one come all to the 1st Annual Bike to Work and School Day Pancake Feed! Tomorrow, Friday May 18th 2007 join other cyclists in their morning communte for free pancakes (vegan available), coffee, and juice! The festivitites begin at 6am sharp at Sound and…

Continue reading →

Check it..

Check it..

Amelia with Reno.com had a lovely chat with Joe and it’s HERE , so you should see it! Also, in the haze after our opening, we forgot to post the wonderful review by Deidre Pike in the RNR. So, if you missed it, check it…

Continue reading →

The Territory

The Territory

Welcome to The Territory where I will be writing about books that you can match against who you are and what you’re about. The Territory is an opportunity to get switched onto something that, like it or not, you won’t forget. Books that take chances…

Continue reading →

The Rainshadow Community Charter High Skool Blawg Week #17 Prom!

The Rainshadow Community Charter High Skool Blawg Week #17 Prom!

Thanks so much to Holland for giving us the space to have our 2007 Prom. The night was wonderful! Be sure to check out our big Hip Hop Holland Show this upcoming Saturday night May 19th from 6-10pm! Its gonna be a positive Hip Hop…

Continue reading →

New Friend Friday #26 and #27

New Friend Friday #26 and #27

I’m very sorry that I was absent from last week’s New Friend Friday. No excuse could adequately make sense of my blogger revolt. So to make it up to you, this week’s NFF is bulked up from the fat of the land. And it comes…

Continue reading →

Youth ArtWorks Opportunity!

Youth ArtWorks Opportunity!

Hey Artists! Youth ArtWorks just released its new 2008 schedule and there are some great projects in the works. They are hiring (yep, you get paid) 50 young people (they call them Apprentices) between the ages of 14-21 to assist on each of the projects….

Continue reading →

Page 48 of 53 ← First ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... Last →