Archive for Community - page 40

Sound and Fury: DIY Hardcore Punk, Radical Politics, and Grassroots Activism.

Continue reading →

The Territory

The Territory

The beginning of the new year should start the Territory with a beginning. So today I’m gonna bring Mark Twain into the Territory. Now MT wrote a lot of amazing books and picking one would be difficult except that this very blog is named after…

Continue reading →

Zine Making Workshop and Screening “American Hardcore” Zine-Making Workshop Join us at one of our first workshops at the new Cheney office space on Saturday the 19th for a Zine-Making workshop. We will be learning about zine history and culture and about the benefits of…

Continue reading →

Photo of the Week!

Photo of the Week!

I like this weird mosaic pic from Flickr friend Crstopher, but what I like most, is that the frame is just ever so slightly tilted, as if the photo-taker was subliminally trying to push the boulder to the hands of Fate.

Continue reading →

Freedom! Lakota Sioux Indians Declare Sovereign Nation Status Threaten Land Liens, Contested Real Estate Over Five State Area in U.S. West Dakota Territory Reverts back to Lakota Control According to U.S. International Law WASHINGTON, DC – December 20 – Lakota Sioux Indian representatives declared sovereign…

Continue reading →

Anyone get this for X-mas?

Anyone get this for X-mas?

Minor Threat Hot Sauce! Brooklyn based Wheelhouse Pickles has put out a hot sauce inspired by the hardcore straight edge legends. It’s made from a rare mild breed of habanero pepper and it “mysteriously favors the pepper’s fruitiness over its notoriously overwhelming heat,” says sauce…

Continue reading →

The Territory

The Territory

Well the holiday season is in full effect and you know what that means… TIME TO BRING ANOTHER BOOK INTO THE TERRITORY! This week as promised I’m bringing the hugely influential Nikolai Gogol into THA TERRITORA! And I bet your thinking that this is going…

Continue reading →

Battleship Island

Battleship Island

However dead and uninspiring your city may feel at times, let’s be glad it’s not Japan’s Gunkanjima Island. Gunkanjima translates to “Battleship,” named so because the island resembles a battleship when viewed from the sea. The tale of this island is a spooky one. Inhabited…

Continue reading →

From Allana…

From Allana…

Who tells us we gotta watch out for…evil sky Pirates!

Continue reading →

BATTLE RECAP!

BATTLE RECAP!

Before I dive head first into this recap, I need to make an important note. It temperature fell below freezing on Thursday night– about 20 degrees to be exact (according to multiple sources, including the 11pm nightly news, Weather.com and my sad, numb, body). So…

Continue reading →

Page 40 of 53 ← First ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... Last →